Earthy spices combine with sweet, juicy grapes to create this Asian-inspired curried chicken salad that’s pure deliciousness. Take one bite and you’ll fall in love with it.
Turning leftovers into a reborn-again, flavorful meal is what I’m all about. And leftover rotisserie chicken tops the list of ingredients for making a delicious mustgoes meal, especially when used in a flavorful salad like this one.
Making this salad couldn’t be any easier. We could get fancy here and make the dressing separately, then fold in this ingredient and combine with that ingredient. Who has time for that? Not me. I put all ingredients together in one bowl, mix it all together, cover and put in the fridge overnight to release the curry flavors.
So easy. And, oh, so delicious.
- I use my favorite 8-quart Mixing Bowl to make this salad. It’s the perfect size and shape for mixing all the ingredients.
- A large wooden slotted spoon, as featured in the Top 10 Essential Kitchen Tools post works great for blending all the ingredients in this salad.
- This salad makes the prefect lunch using leftovers from the prior night’s chicken dinner.
- To release the flavors in this salad, it’s always best to let the salad rest in the fridge overnight. That makes this a perfect make-ahead dish for lunches or gatherings.
- Make finger sandwiches using dinner rolls and serve as a party hors d’oeuvres or dinner appetizer.
- Chicken salad makes delicious sandwiches for lunch and even dinner. Choose your favorite bread and enjoy. My favorites with this salad include a croissant or bagel. Yum!
- Not in the mood for a sandwich? Pile a heaping spoonful of this salad on top of your favorite greens for a delicious, filling salad.
- Make a tasty lettuce wrap for a wonderful alternative to a bread sandwich. Romaine lettuce works great, though you can use virtually any kind of lettuce.
- Tortilla fans, take notice. This salad tastes great as a wrap.
- Leftover (or a store bought) rotisserie chicken is ideal for this salad, so go ahead and chop it up and use it in this recipe.
- Grilled chicken takes this salad to a new level. Careful on the spices used on the chicken to avoid a clash of flavors with the curry in this salad.
- Make this a Whole30 friendly by using Primal Kitchen Mayo, which doesn’t include the added sugars often found in other mayonnaise products.
- Use an apple instead of grapes for an added crunch and tartness in this salad. Simply toss in a medium apple, diced with the skin still on it. Tasty!
- Instead of using walnuts, try all kinds of different nuts. Sliced almonds, whole cashews, and pistachios complement the curry flavors quite well.
- Store any leftover salad in a covered container in the fridge for up to three days.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider leaving a comment and star rating below. It’s always refreshing to hear how others like a recipe, find success with it, or tweak to suit. I’d love to hear from you!